"Modern, High Tech City" Tokyo by TexasDave
Tokyo Travel Guide: 4,096 reviews and 10,118 photos
Because of my short stay in Japan I only got to be in Tokyo for one night and one day, but it was outstanding! Using the metro (buy a day pass for unlimited use) was not difficult if you've ever used one in another major city- to be sure there are many more lines criss-crossing each other than in most cities! All stations have signage in English in addition to Japanese.
- Pros:Friendly people, clean streets
- Cons:Expensive Hotels
- In a nutshell:An exciting, diverse experience!
With all the traffic and the signs advertising different brands standing on the Ginza I was reminded of NYC's Times... more travel advice
The lane leading up to the temple (Nakamise Dori) is lined with shops selling all kinds of trinkets and snack food,... more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "livingstonefree tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 113 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos