"Man Made Grand Canyon" Providence Canyon State Park by TexasDave
Providence Canyon State Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 29 photos
Situated about 4-5 miles West of Lumpkin, GA on GA 39 C this is sometimes called The Grand Canyon of the East.
The massive gullies, as deep as 150 feet, were caused by poor farming practices during the 1800s.
The rare Plumleaf Azalea grows only in this region and blooms during July and August when most azaleas have lost their color.
I think it's more impressive to visit during colder weather when the trees are not full of leaves and you can see more of the canyon itself.
There is a 3 mile hiking trail which takes you down into the floor of the canyons.
TexasDave's Related Pages
Providence Canyon State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Providence Canyon Page"
- "providence canyon state park"
- "Man Made Grand Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providence Canyon State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Providence Canyon State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Providence Canyon State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Providence Canyon State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providence Canyon State Park
Photos in Providence Canyon State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 111 reviews, 261 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 37 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos
No friends yet.