"County Seat, Jasper County" Monticello by TexasDave
Monticello Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
A typical rural Georgia town, population about 2,500. Jasper County was formed in 1807 and the town of Monticello was laid out in 1808. It is still very much a rural town.
A couple of it's "Claims to Fame":
On January 14, 1915 residents of Monticello formed a lynch mob and lynched a black family of four, including two women. Dan Barber, Jessee Barber, Bula and Ella Charles were each hung and subsequently shot by the lynch mob.
Country singer Trisha Yearwood is from here.
Many scenes from the 1992 movie "My Cousin Vinnie" were filmed here.
TexasDave's Related Pages
Monticello Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Monticello
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Monticello?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monticello
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 114 reviews, 278 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos