"Home of America's First Gold Rush" Dahlonega by TexasDave
Dahlonega Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 102 photos
A very picturesque small town in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. America's first Gold Rush took place here in the early 1800's. Gold is found even now and is recognized as some of the purest gold on the planet, sometimes as much as 98.7% pure right out of the earth.
Locally mined gold covers the spire of north Georgia College & State University, which can be seen from practically all over downtown. The dome of Georgia's State Capitol building in Atlanta cam from here as well.
Most of the tourist activity here centers around the Square with the old Courthouse (now the Gold Museum) in the center.
Gold mining is what put Dahlonega on the map and even though it's well past its hey-day gold is still being mined in... more travel advice
The local Chamber of Commerce has a Visitor's Center on the north side of the Square. more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Dahlonega Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gold, the slower pace, mountains, and tasty food"
- "Dahlonega, Georgia"
- "Home of the first gold rush in America"
- "Home of America's First Gold Rush"
- "Dahlonega: Gold Rush"
- "dahlonega georgia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dahlonega
- Hotels in Dahlonega
- Transportation in Dahlonega
- Nightlife in Dahlonega
- Restaurants in Dahlonega
- Shopping in Dahlonega
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dahlonega
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Dahlonega?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dahlonega
Photos in DahlonegaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 114 reviews, 278 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 142 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos