"America's First City, est. 1565" Saint Augustine by TexasDave
Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 712 reviews and 1,938 photos
Established by Ponce de Leon (of "Fountain of Youth" fame), this is the oldest permanent city in the United States.
For the modern day 'explorer' there is lots to do and see, as I hope to illustrate on these pages. The Historical Area of the city has sort of a French Quarter atmosphere, minus the raunch, since much of it is open only to pedestrians. And out on the Island the beaches are great.
- In a nutshell:Nice combination of Old and New
The main campus was originally built in 1888 by oil and railroad magnate Henry Flagler as the Ponce de Leon Hotel.... more travel advice
The tavern/restaurant occupies the upper floor of the 1800's water-powered mill. The open balcony seating allows yo to... more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Saint Augustine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Augustine"
- "St Augustine"
- "Oldest US City"
- "saint augustine"
- "My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
- "St. Augustine - The First Coast"
- "History Far Back in Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Augustine
- Hotels in Saint Augustine
- Transportation in Saint Augustine
- Nightlife in Saint Augustine
- Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Shopping in Saint Augustine
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Augustine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine
- 12 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Saint Augustine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Augustine
- Posted in Travel Nuevo Progreso Forum "Re: Location of Nuevo Progesso"
- updated a Saint Augustine Travel Page "America's First City, est. 1565"
- Wrote a Review Flagler College about Flagler College in Saint Augustine Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flagler College"
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Augustine
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 113 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos