"Old Resort Town With a Hybrid Name" Top 5 Page for this destination Calistoga by TexasDave
Calistoga Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 170 photos
Native Americans visited this place to heal their sick with the hot mineral springs. The present-day town was started by California's first millionaire, Sam Brannan, who wanted to replicate the East Coast's resort for the rich and famous, Saratoga. Since this town was to be California's answer to Saratoga, it was logically called Calistoga.
The warm springs and geysers still figure prominently in the town's activities.
These 6 ft in diameter trees fell and were covered in silica ash when Mt. St. Helena erupted ages ago. The ash that fell... more travel advice
People have been paying to see this 'faithful' attraction for over 100 years. It is one of 3 regularly and continuously... more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Calistoga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot Springs, Massage, and Wine"
- "Calistoga of Sarafornia"
- "Old Resort Town With a Hybrid Name"
- "Calistoga California"
- "Calistoga: Spa Town in the Wine Country"
- "Calistoga, CA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calistoga
- Hotels in Calistoga
- Nightlife in Calistoga
- Restaurants in Calistoga
- Shopping in Calistoga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calistoga
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Calistoga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calistoga
Photos in CalistogaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 113 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos