"Interesting Stopover Location" Banska Stiavnica by TexasDave
Banska Stiavnica Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 65 photos
This little town is about a 30-40 minute drive by car South of Banska Bystrica. The ancient castle in the picture can be seen quite a while before you get to the town.
The town's central square has this Trinity monument in the middle. Originally a mining town, there was a lot of money here at one time, allowing locals to build ornate structures.
The town is built on the sides of a valley and there are several hairpin turns ascending and descending with shops, hotels, and and houses on either side.
- Pros:Quiet, medievel atmosphere.
- Cons:Only worth a few hour's stay
- In a nutshell:A neat place to see on trip between Banska Bystrica- Bratislava
TexasDave's Related Pages
Banska Stiavnica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banska Stiavnica"
- "Terra Banensium, Land of Mines."
- "Interesting Stopover Location"
- "Little Bulgaria in the Slovak mountains"
- "Banksa Stiavnica by Chamsa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banska Stiavnica
- Hotels in Banska Stiavnica
- Restaurants in Banska Stiavnica
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Banska Stiavnica
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Banska Stiavnica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banska Stiavnica
Photos in Banska StiavnicaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 111 reviews, 261 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 95 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 37 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Banska Stiavnica hotel reviews
- Hotel Grand Matej
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013