"Slovakia's Premiere Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Bojnice by TexasDave
Bojnice Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 93 photos
There are several things that make this a unique castle among the many to be found in Slovakia. It started to be built in 1113, but was a wooden structure with at moat. The stone castle was started in the 1300's. The last owner, Count Jan Pallfy, maintained this castle as his home until his death in 1908. During the Communist years many historical sites were neglected, but not this castle. It was used by bigshots as a weeekend getaway and conference center. It is also built upon a cave with a spring inside.
Near the castle there is also a zoo, which isn't the biggest or the best, but makes another point of interest for families.
- Pros:Tour of the Castle
- Cons:Not much else to see in immediate area
- In a nutshell:A nice daytrip from Bratislava
I just had to include this photo as an example of the ornate design in some of the Castle's rooms. Different rooms are... more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Bojnice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bojnice and its Castle"
- "Slovakia's Premiere Castle"
- "The castle from a Disney movie"
- "Sleeping Beauty Castle"
- "My Favourite Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bojnice
- Hotels in Bojnice
- Nightlife in Bojnice
- Restaurants in Bojnice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bojnice
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Bojnice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bojnice
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 113 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos