"Village of Living History" Holloko by TexasDave
Holloko Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 26 photos
This is a preserved village of about 58 buildings displaying the way of life of the Paloc people during the 17th century before the Industrial Revolution. You can see different crafts being made and eat local cuisine- sort of a minature Williamsburg, in the US. Unfortunately it was mostly closed when we went there (Mid- March). But we only made it a "pit-stop" in our drive from Budapest to Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, so not much was lost.
It's about a 1 1/2 hour's drive NE of Budapest. Following a map we were able to drive straight there without getting lost. Highway M3 North , then a left on Hwy 21, another left at the sign for Holloko.
More information can be seen online at www. holloko.hu
- Pros:Educational and interesting
- Cons:A little off the average tourist's usual path
- In a nutshell:Worth the effort if it can be included on the way to somewhere
TexasDave's Related Pages
Holloko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unesco Site"
- "Holloko on the World Heritage List"
- "Village of Living History"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Holloko
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Holloko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holloko
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 111 reviews, 261 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 95 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 37 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos
No friends yet.