"Atlantic Patagonia's Central City" Trelew by TexasDave
Trelew Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 62 photos
Trelew is sort of the central hub for the Atlantic coast section of Chubut. It was founded in 1886 when the railroad to the coast was built. You will land here if you fly in from Buenos Aires. There isn't too much here to interest the average tourist, but starting from here you can easily access Gaiman, Punto Tombo, Puerto Madryn, and further afield, Peninsula Valdes.
There is a Visitor's Center on Mitre near the Plaza and the central part of the city is set out in a grid pattern so it's not too difficult to drive around, although most of the streets are one way and that can be inconvenient.
Over 70 miles South of Trelew, this is the largest colony of Magellanic penguins in the world. Estimates vary but it's... more travel advice
TexasDave's Related Pages
Trelew Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lewis Town"
- "Bonio in Trelew"
- "just a short stop-over by plane"
- "Atlantic Patagonia's Central City"
- "Trelew- Patagonia"
- "Amazing wild life"
- "It was all about the Paleontology Musuem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trelew
- Hotels in Trelew
- Transportation in Trelew
- Restaurants in Trelew
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trelew
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Trelew?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trelew
Photos in TrelewSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 114 reviews, 278 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 141 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 127 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 38 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos