"Chillout Time" Cancún by SabrinaSummerville
Cancún Travel Guide: 2,020 reviews and 4,101 photos
I'm not the best person to write about Cancun, as so far I've been only once and didn't do much while I was there. However, maybe I'm the ideal person to write a page for those who want to do The Real Cancun the lazy way:-)
My boyfriend couldn't come with me and when I told him I was going he appeared to be a little disturbed. At the time he was living in the States and completely associated Cancun with the wild movies he had seen about the students Spring break. he should have realised that I'm way beyond my Spring Break years, lol. Apart from that, I saw no evidence whatsoever of the wild Cancun of legend.
For me Cancun represents one of the most relaxed places I've ever been. Maybe it was the wonderful all-inclusive hotel, maybe it was the blissful weather, or perhaps the feeling that you didn't need to go anywhere but could do everything. Mmmm, I can almost feel the sun on my face and the sand between my toes as I write.
Cancun was the first time I had ever done an all-inclusive holiday, and I think perhaps it was really the right place to do it. The weather, sea and beaches are so perfect here that you really don't want to step outside the grounds of your hotel. I was there in late January/early February and at that time of year the weather is almost perfect - not too hot, but just the odd wild day.
There are so many things that you can do if you wish to do more than sunbathe and read. There is a wealth of ancient Mayan civilisation to be eexperienced just a few hours drive away.
It's an ideal place for watersports.
The City of Cancun itself (is it a City?) is a hubbub of wild nightlife if that's what you're into.
My favourite trip was a day trip by boat to Isla Mujeras. It was organised by our hotel and I have posted a seperate tip on that. What I didn't have space to mention was the party on board the boat on the return journey where the crew dressed up and poured tequila down all our throats!
- Pros:Perfect relaxation if you want it.
- Cons:The hurricane season.
Our resort, Moon Palace, gave us two free daytrips as part of our package and our favourite trip was to Isla... more travel advice
SabrinaSummerville's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford Intro, 66 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 32 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 34 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Marbella Intro, 13 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Cairo Intro, 30 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 12 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos