"Chillout Time" Cancún by SabrinaSummerville

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,959 reviews and 3,926 photos

Kick off Your Shoes

I'm not the best person to write about Cancun, as so far I've been only once and didn't do much while I was there. However, maybe I'm the ideal person to write a page for those who want to do The Real Cancun the lazy way:-)

My boyfriend couldn't come with me and when I told him I was going he appeared to be a little disturbed. At the time he was living in the States and completely associated Cancun with the wild movies he had seen about the students Spring break. he should have realised that I'm way beyond my Spring Break years, lol. Apart from that, I saw no evidence whatsoever of the wild Cancun of legend.

For me Cancun represents one of the most relaxed places I've ever been. Maybe it was the wonderful all-inclusive hotel, maybe it was the blissful weather, or perhaps the feeling that you didn't need to go anywhere but could do everything. Mmmm, I can almost feel the sun on my face and the sand between my toes as I write.

The All Inclusive Experience

Cancun was the first time I had ever done an all-inclusive holiday, and I think perhaps it was really the right place to do it. The weather, sea and beaches are so perfect here that you really don't want to step outside the grounds of your hotel. I was there in late January/early February and at that time of year the weather is almost perfect - not too hot, but just the odd wild day.

There are so many things that you can do if you wish to do more than sunbathe and read. There is a wealth of ancient Mayan civilisation to be eexperienced just a few hours drive away.

It's an ideal place for watersports.

The City of Cancun itself (is it a City?) is a hubbub of wild nightlife if that's what you're into.

My favourite trip was a day trip by boat to Isla Mujeras. It was organised by our hotel and I have posted a seperate tip on that. What I didn't have space to mention was the party on board the boat on the return journey where the crew dressed up and poured tequila down all our throats!

• Pros:Perfect relaxation if you want it.
  • Cons:The hurricane season.
  • Last visit to Cancún: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2006

• Jan 29, 2007 at 4:54 AM

[I DO love luxury hotels and resorts too! ... ahhaaaa... ] :)

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 2:33 AM

Yep, one day on Isla is far too short :-) Lot to do on that small island. We loved it there. Next time stay on Isla and take a day trip to Cancun ;-). Ciao

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 11:12 AM

With such fine writing, I'm sure you'll get published (someday...)LOL

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 3:04 AM

looks like you had a great time

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 12:14 PM

Still checking out your site. This looks like a good place to be right now. Dreaming.......

• mayafly's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 10:11 AM

Cancun the lazy way sounds perfect to me! Thanks for the nice tips. :)

SabrinaSummerville

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Badges & Stats in Cancún