"The Rebel County" County Wexford by SabrinaSummerville

County Wexford Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 324 photos

County of Beaches and Thatch

I always associate County Wexford with beautiful beaches, quaint thatched cottages, haunted houses, and fun-filled pubs.

My favourite place to sit and watch the world go by in Wexford in The Ferrycarrig Hotel. This pic is taken on a foggy day of the river on which the hotel is located. It was really eerie that November day .

On sunnier days there is water skiing on this very river and a host of other water sports.

To me Wexford is a place to come and relax. A lot of Dublin City dwellers come to the beach areas of Co Wexford for holidays. Many of them have mobile homes in this area and the mobile parks are constantly booked out. Most of them are also maintained to a very high standard and some of the mobile homes even have balconies and decking.

Fishing Villages

Because it has such a large coastline, Wexford is well known for fishing and there are a number of renowned fishing villages.

In particular I like Kilmore Quay as there are some fantastic seafood restaurants there. yes yes, tips will follow.

For now I hope you enjoy this pic of the fishing boats - it was taken on the same foggy day and I think the boats look like ghost-ships.

Ravishing Ruins

Wexford is also a County housing some very attractive ruins! Lately I have seen a number of derelict cottages incorporated into the landscaping of new houses built on the grounds.

I'm posting a pic of a house near Duncannon as an example - this house would almost talk to you:-)

• Last visit to County Wexford: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2006

Comments

SabrinaSummerville Visits Here Frequently!

SabrinaSummerville

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Badges & Stats in County Wexford

Have you been to County Wexford?

Latest Activity in County Wexford