"City of Blue Skies and Smiles" Santiago by SabrinaSummerville
Santiago Travel Guide: 951 reviews and 2,200 photos
Feeling just a little bit unnerved after the sniffer dogs in Valparaiso (see tips on that city - not yet built, but I'll come back and refresh when they're done), I faced Santiago with some slight trepidation.
Our post cruise coach glided through pretty countryside as we took the 90 minute journey from Valparaiso to Santiago and I found myself in a South American paradise.
My lasting memories with be of clear bright blue skies, fresh air, hot dry sun, beautiful buildings and millions of brightly coloured flowers.
After checking into my hotel I wandered out into the lush gardens, sighed, and thought "I could stay here forever."
As a City, Santiago is both sophisticated and stunning. Nowhere do you got the smoggy cloggy feeling that abounds in most other big Cities.
As you walk you are surrounded by historical buildings, beautiful scenery, abounding colour, and of course the towering Andes overlook it all.
There is a lot of "cuteness" about Santiago - from the bright yellow fire hydrants (pic attached) to the rickety bockety ramshackle news stands that look every bit like a shack but still busily ply their wares.
El Cid is the name of the gourmet restaurant in the Sheraton Santiago and, in this instance, the word "gourmet" is a... more travel advice
As I got on the bus to go on my City tour of Santiago, our lovely guide admired my emerald jewelry and then advised me... more travel advice
SabrinaSummerville's Related Pages
Santiago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago, Chile"
- "a great place"
- "Santiago, Capital of Chile"
- "Working in Santiago"
- "Between the mountains and the sea"
- "VT Meeting in Santiago"
- "A little taste of South America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago
- Hotels in Santiago
- Transportation in Santiago
- Nightlife in Santiago
- Restaurants in Santiago
- Shopping in Santiago
- Warnings and Dangers in Santiago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santiago
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Santiago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford Intro, 66 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 32 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 34 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Marbella Intro, 13 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Cairo Intro, 30 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 12 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos