"My home for a few years" Tervuren by Nice2004

Tervuren Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 91 photos

I lived in Tervuren for a few years whilst working in Brussels. I'm afraid to say it's a real ex-pat suburb of Brussels, which is probably why I was there, being too lazy to learn Flemish properly! But if you are coming to Brussels for a visit take the tram (the 44 I think) from Montgomery out to Tervuren. Visit the little town, the lake and park and the totally politically incorrect African Museum! The tram ride through the Foret des Soignes is worth the trip alone!

• Pros:Nice town in the suburbs of Brussels
  • Cons:Too many English, traffic was bad in the mornings!
  • In a nutshell:Was a great place for me to live, always happy to return
  • Last visit to Tervuren: May 2003
  • Intro Written Oct 15, 2004

• Oct 28, 2004 at 11:14 AM

I read your comment about Tervuren. funny because at the moment I'm living in Leuven but 4 years ago I was living temporarily in Windsor (your hometown) and I can say that Windsor is also a place that I would be happy to return to.

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 9:24 AM

Hi Amanda, thanks for visiting my Leuven page. I was in Tervuren yesterday night for the Halloween celebration. Quite frightening those trolls, witches etc :-))

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2004 at 12:43 PM

I love the totally political incorrect museum and I hope it stays that way even after the renovation. The weird thing is , they even found new species of animals in that museum. Important discoveries. lol

Badges & Stats in Tervuren

Have you been to Tervuren?

Latest Activity in Tervuren