"Medan: the melting pot of Indonesia" Medan by naibaho
Medan Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 598 photos
Medan is weird. The city blocks and layouts are completely a mess. Vehicles don't stop at red lights. People seem to be mostly unfriendly. Yet, you can feel honesty streams in between their daily life. The fighting spirit to get livelihood soars and even beggars are actually a full time worker...and you can meet almost all ethnics of Indonesian here, plus some of international go-goes of Indian and Chinese living next door without a record of riot...unlike in any other of Indonesian city, yes Medan is weird and different.
Death seem to be unrecognized in this town. You can nearly sense their spirits beat the heat of hot air and the speed of vehicles and the curse of the people and you realize they are all here to live and only to live....
Stay for few days and you will understand....
- In a nutshell:nothing is fake in Medan, but always bargain hard :D
naibaho's Related Pages
Medan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia""
- "The Sultan's palace, a mosque & a lot more"
- "MEDAN - LAND OF DELI"
- "Unexpecting Medan"
- "medan... HOmes the tastieeeeeest asian cuisine!"
- "Medan, more of a nature"
- "Thunder City of Indonesia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medan
- Hotels in Medan
- Transportation in Medan
- Nightlife in Medan
- Restaurants in Medan
- Shopping in Medan
- Warnings and Dangers in Medan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medan
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Medan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medan
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Manado Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Saint Andrews Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews
- Pekalongan 1 review, 2 photos
- Bandung 2 reviews
- Amsterdam 1 review
- San Francisco 1 review
No friends yet.