"Igloo Village in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Grainau" Garmisch-Partenkirchen by Eurasian68

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Guide: 308 reviews and 1,055 photos

Between Sun and Snow

High above the clouds you will find the igloo village nestling on the Zugspitze with a spectacular view across four countries. Enjoy the grand backdrop of the summit of the Alps. Relax in the igloo whirlpool under a twinkling starry sky and look forward to an authentic gourmet Swiss cheese fondue for your evening meal!

BRRRRR!!!

The temperature was minus 23 degrees C when we arrived at the Zugsptize, but inside the igloo, the temperature was moderate. We didn't even need gloves while sipping on our drinks.

After a good night's sleep in the warm and cosy sleeping bags provided by the organizers, the first thing I encountered in the morning was the most breathtaking scene I have ever seen - the SUNRISE. Just me, and the mountains and nothing else insight!

Dinner & Cocktails

Ever had a hot Caipirinha??? Mmmmhhhh it was sooooo delicious!!!

Free flow of non-alcoholic drinks is included in the package and of course the YUMMY cheese fondue served for dinner.

An experience I will never forget!

• Pros:A romantic feeling money cannot buy!
  • Cons:Pricey!
  • In a nutshell:Party like an Eskimo
  • Last visit to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2006

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM

This place sounds amazing. You really had a very different experience, I think it may be a bit cold for me.

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Interesting adventure...sounds really great. How cold was it inside the igloo??Greetings, Peter

Eurasian68

“Born to Play.... Learn to Love”

Badges & Stats in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?