"Remedios" Remedios by TOFFY
Remedios Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
If you are staying on Cayo Santa Maria at the new resorts, your bus will pass through Remedios....another of the oldest towns in Cuba, and one that appears to have not changed in a hundred years. If you get the opportunity, it is worth a stop to sit in the central square and watch the traffic go by - bicitaxis and a wonderful display of old chevies.
Be sure to knock on the door of the Church of San Juan Batista, if it is not open. The mahogany and gold decor will take you breath away, and be sure to ask about the pregnant Madonna. She has been inspected by many religious clerics trying to agree as to how pregnant she is!
The square is a very busy place, but has a very relaxing park in the middle. From there, you will see the Cathedral on one side, a museum to the left, a bell tower further around, the Hotel Mascotte and a bar that's a good place to watch the world go by.
- Pros:A step back in time
- Cons:A little out of the way if you are not going that way.
- In a nutshell:Hard to believe it's really there.
About fifteen kms west of Remedios is a road that heads northerly to follow the coast line. After about another 15 kms,... more travel advice
TOFFY's Related Pages
Remedios Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Remedios
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Remedios?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Remedios
Photos in RemediosSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guardalavaca Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- Cuba Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Bayamo Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Santiago de Cuba Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Banes Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Manzanillo Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Cienfuegos Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Gibara Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Remedios Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos