"A livable city" Ottawa by Martman

Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,800 reviews and 4,435 photos

I hope to come again

I have been to Ottawa twice. I loved the city both times. I would gladly visit a third time! Though I loved my two visits, I never had a chance to see the city propertly. My first time was for a specific purpose leaving little time for sight-seeing. The second time was for 4 days. Unfortunately I had a foot injury then and could not make the most of it. This is somewhat frustrating as I really loved the city. I did manage to limp the tour of the Houses of Parliament. I also managed to limp my way onto a boat for a ride through the Rideau canal!

Moral of the story: Try avoid having Plantar Faciitis. It sure impacts a holiday! I should not not complain though. There are plenty people with worse problems.

Regarding my picture, you might say :
Seeing the Parliament Buildings is nothing new.

I have a very good response:
Yes, but how often have you seen a picture of the Parliament that is off-centre and parts of the building are not visible?
You see, so my picture is unique!

On a more serious note, I once had some relatives visit here. They toured a few cities. They said that should they ever live in Canada, they would choose the city Ottawa!

There is often demonstrations by the Pariliament buildings. If I remember correctly, these were Kurds doing a hunger strike. I cannot remember exactly when I took this picture, but estimate about 1995.

• Last visit to Ottawa: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2012

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 7:29 PM

I went through high school in Ottawa.. I have two sisters that still live there. Lovely City! I am surprised you do not have the worlds longest skating rink on your pages! Safe travels from other travelling Canadians!

• May 9, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Hi Martin, I think you were to little to remember! :~)) Next time you visit Cape Town, be sure not to miss it! p.s. I had to see the longest street in the world again. Great pictures!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, but it is illegal! LOL

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 3:55 AM

SA monumnet in University Av, Ottawa. we do have 14 Sussex, the HIgh Commission without a High Commissioner - freedom day is around the corner ;-))) , wyn en boerwors happies, hopefully a feww samoosas too ;-p

Badges & Stats in Ottawa