"Alkmaar Noord Holland" Alkmaar by ronaldbarr
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 434 photos
The old centre of Alkmaar is compact and easy to find your way around. Narrow streets, canals and traditional buildings make for interesting waking tours. This is a view towards the old cheese market - now a museum. Pick up a tour map at the VVV and you will find suggested walks through the old apart of the city highlighting the many interesting sights you might otherwisw miss.
In 2004 Alkmaar celebrates its 750th anniversary as an established town. Alkmaar is located in a typical Dutch polder landscape, close to a large nature reserve with dunes, beach, woods and water, water everywhere. Few places in the Netherlands display such a wide variety in terms of natural splendour.
- Pros:Lots to see and do.
- Cons:Alkmaar Ring Road!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit.
ronaldbarr's Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antrim Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Provincie Limburg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Limavady Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egmond aan Zee Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Millisle Intro, 3 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 2 photos