"Egmond aan Zee" Egmond aan Zee by ronaldbarr
Egmond aan Zee Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 20 photos
Noord Holland in November may not be everyone's idea of a holiday destination but it is worth the trip. The beach is quite spectacular for long walks. Back in the tidy little town of Egmond aan Zee you will find many warm cafes and welcoming local people. I suspect that tourists in droves invade this place in summer but that leaves it fully available for the interested traveller in winter time.
The morning after a huge storm the shore at Egmond was left with a foaming sea, a narrow battered beach and a canopy of cloud promising further change. The exceptionally high tide combined with the onshore wind transformed the beach profile overnight. I never saw such briney foam anywhere!
The dunes at Egmond are protected as unique areas of special scientific interest. Walking in the dunes is limited to specifically managed zones.
This vulnerable area has an awesome impact. The sheer scale of the beaches and dunes is unimaginable and must be seen to be believed. Well worth a long visit.
- Pros:Sand, sea, cafes and restaurants, friendly locals
- Cons:Windy and when its wet, it's really wet!
- In a nutshell:Go out of season - it's a bracing wake-up for the senses!
ronaldbarr's Related Pages
Egmond aan Zee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGMOND AAN ZEE"
- "Seaside resort"
- "the Beach"
- "The "Tourist- Village""
- "Egmond aan Zee"
- "Come and see Egmond aan Zee"
- "Touristy, yes but eh, there s a lighthouse!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egmond aan Zee
- Hotels in Egmond aan Zee
- Restaurants in Egmond aan Zee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egmond aan Zee
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Egmond aan Zee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egmond aan Zee
Photos in Egmond aan ZeeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antrim Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Provincie Limburg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Limavady Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egmond aan Zee Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Millisle Intro, 3 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 2 photos