Belfast Off The Beaten Path Tips by ronaldbarr Top 5 Page for this destination
Belfast Off The Beaten Path: 54 reviews and 55 photos
Where do tulips take you?
In 1958 Max Bygraves had a hit single called 'Tulips from Amsterdam'
When I spotted these glowing red specimen tulips in a formal garden in Belfast I was reminded of Max's standard!
Useless tip maybe but a clear example of how in a moment my sense of sight triggered an emotional transportation to a remote sphere of my inner world of memories. Weird but true...
Yellow and Fresh
Finding this sight along the banks of the River Lagan in March herald's the arrival of better days and Spring. It's a wild flower that grows in profusion. It's name is a mystery to me! But I am quite certain that its bright yellow colour is clearly an optimistic show to lift our mood following the long, dark days of winter.
Spring in Tee-shirt in Belfast?
March 16, 2005 and yes that's me in the tee-shirt on the edge of Belfast Lough. If it's peace, tranquillity, fresh air and exercise you need then walk the coastal route from Crawfordsburn in an eastern direction to Bangor. You will not be disappointed. This picture tells the story! Get over here.
Safe Haven in Bangor
If you are interested in cruisers or yachts, you will find plenty to satisfy you in the marina at Bangor. Many international visitors enjoy the sailing around the shores of Northern Ireland. Bangor Marina is well equipped to berth-up and explore.
Springtime on Belfast Lough
The day before St. Patrick's day Spring arrived! After a long winter it was necessary to cast off coats, jumpers and to walk from Crawfordsburn to Bangor along the coastal path. Yes you can believe what you see in this and the pictures to follow. Sunshine and 15C. Watch the sky for signs of change and remember it rains in Ireland lots!
Blue Sky over Belfast
To the south-east of Belfast the Castlereagh hills are found. The higher land (400 feet above sea level) offers spectacular views over Belfast, the Lagan Valley and around to the Mournes, Strangford Lough and the Ards Peninsula on a clear day.
This picture was taken from Lisnabreeny on a chilly February morning in 2005. The city was subject to shunshine and localised showers. This is typical Northern Ireland weather.
White Christmas Day 2004
If you take a look at my 'Giant's Ring' album you will find Autumn shots of this tree. Christmas Day 2004 at around 10.00 I found this striking view. I simply had to make a picture.
Snow in Northern Ireland is not a frequent event and a 'White Christmas' is very rare indeed.
More Reviews (52)
ronaldbarr's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tysons Corner
- Whitehall Hotels
- Berkeley Hotels
- Windy Harbour Hotels
- Cinderella Hotels
- Isola del Giglio
- Ikaria Island Off The Beaten Path
- County Donegal Off The Beaten Path
- Exeter Off The Beaten Path
- Wagga Wagga Off The Beaten Path
- Tortola Off The Beaten Path
- Malia Off The Beaten Path
- Nonthaburi and Koh Kret
- Plymouth Off The Beaten Path
- Kennebunkport Off The Beaten Path
- Aqaba Off The Beaten Path
- Caerphilly Off The Beaten Path
- Oman Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 59 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antrim Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Provincie Limburg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Limavady Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egmond aan Zee Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Millisle Intro, 3 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 2 photos
Top Belfast hotels
- Belfast Murals- 23 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Further Afield- 24 Reviews, 30 Photos
- River Lagan- 12 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Botanic Gardens- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Ulster Museum- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Near Belfast- 10 Reviews, 11 Photos
- City Centre- 18 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Grand Opera House- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- St Ann's Cathedral- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- City Hall- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All Belfast Things to Do