"Belfast Northern Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by ronaldbarr
Belfast Travel Guide: 1,069 reviews and 2,323 photos
As a metaphor for Belfast this image of a mature oak has strength, potential, endurance, beauty, energy and a sense of natural complexity.
This tree lives close to the river Lagan three miles upstream from where the river flows into Belfast Lough and to the Irish sea.
Belfast City centre is this building with the address of Donegall Square. The City Council meets and conducts its business from here. Guided tours are both popular and informative. I have much more detail on my Belfast pages. If you want to learn more drop in or better still, come to Belfast! You can be sure of a great welcome...believe me it's a great city!!!
These panto characters were spotted outside the Belfast City Hall on the day a Christmas tree was due to arrive from the nearby Botanic Gardens. Their excitement at the prospect of the commencement of the 04/05 Panto season is clearly at odds with that of the very stern Queen Victoria pictured here with them.
Queen Victoria succeeded William IV on the 20th June 1837. Her Coronation took place a year later. To celebrate her Jubilee, the memorial was erected by public shilling subscription and the commission was awarded to Thomas Brock RA. It was unveiled by King Edward VII on the 27th July 1903. The Sicilian marble statue is 11 feet high, and on each side is a life-size bronze figure representing Spinning and Shipbuilding respectively. At the back is a bronze figure of a child representing Education.
- Pros:People in Belfast welcome visitors warmly ALWAYS!
- Cons:If it doesn't rain today...it'll rain twice tomorrow!
- In a nutshell:Must see. Feel the welcome. Come back!
The Crown Liquor Saloon in Great Victoria Street. more travel advice
At the end of the runway of Belfast City Airport you will find Victoria Park in the east of the city! Despite the... more travel advice
Written Aug 21, 2005
Belfast Northern Ireland
Written Mar 19, 2005
Chapel Hill Newry
ronaldbarr's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 59 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antrim Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Provincie Limburg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Limavady Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egmond aan Zee Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Millisle Intro, 3 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 2 photos