"North-West Northern Ireland" Limavady by ronaldbarr
Limavady Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
On the north-west coast of Northern Ireland this wonderful beach awaits your visit.
When in the North-West a trip to Londonderry-Derry is an absolute must. This a thriving and beautiful City. You can walk along the great 17th-century walls, about a mile round and 18 feet thick, which withstood several sieges and even today are unbroken and complete, with old cannon still pointing their black noses over the ramparts. The famous great siege lasted for 105 days.
The modern city preserves the 17th-century layout of four main streets radiating from the Diamond to four gateways - Bishop's Gate, Ferryquay Gate, Shipquay Gate and Butcher's Gate. Historic buildings within the walls include the 1633 Gothic cathedral of St Columb.
Dominating the skyline on all approaches to the City of Londonderry-Derry is Saint Columb’s Cathedral, which has stood on its prominent site inside the famous Walls of Derry since 1633.
- Pros:Simply Stunning
- Cons:The water is wet!
- In a nutshell:Go there - it's truly a 'must see'
Fifteen minutes on the Foyle Ferry will transport you and your car from Magilligan Point to Greencastle in County... more travel advice
ronaldbarr's Related Pages
Limavady Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Limavady
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Limavady?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limavady
Photos in LimavadySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antrim Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Provincie Limburg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Limavady Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egmond aan Zee Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Millisle Intro, 3 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 2 photos