"This Island Rocks!!!" Saltspring Island by tigerjapan
Saltspring Island Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 65 photos
Salt Spring Island is the largest of all the Southern Gulf Islands. It's population increase in summer when the holiday homes that dot the island fill.
It has a number of large fresh water lakes and you can swim, kayak, sail, cycle, ride horses or even play golf on Salt Spring.
Salt Springs town centre is called Ganges. It has a number of shops, restaurants and local craft stores.
Salt Spring has a thriving artictic community and they sell their goods/art at a number of stores and galleries on the island. By far the best way to see the local art is at the Saturday "Market in the Park". This market features wares from local artists, craftspeople and farmers. The market runs from April to October and is a bit of Salt Spring not to be missed (see my shopping page).
The ride to and from Salt Spring on the BC Ferries (250-386-3431 or 888-223-3779) is a great way to see the gulf. This is by far the best way to get to and from the island.
If you have less time (and more money) you can use a seaplane. Salt Spring Seair (800-447-3247), Harbour Air (800-665-0212) or Pacific Spirit Air (800-665-2359) all serve Salt Spring. A one-way ticket is about $60 Canadian.
It is best to have a car (or mode of transport on Salt Spring), but you can hitch a ride from the ferry into Ganges quite easily.
- Pros:Relaxing, Nature at your doorstep, The saturday Market in the Park, Lorraine's Kitchen
- Cons:You'll never want to leave
If you are on Salt Spring on a saturday, between the months of April and October, you must visit the local Market in the... more travel advice
tigerjapan's Related Pages
Saltspring Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amazing nature and alternative lifestyles."
- "This Island Rocks!!!"
- "A Honeymooner's Paradise"
- "Rural country bliss on Salt Spring Island"
- "Saltspring Island"
- "Salt Spring Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saltspring Island
- Hotels in Saltspring Island
- Transportation in Saltspring Island
- Restaurants in Saltspring Island
- Shopping in Saltspring Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Saltspring Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saltspring Island
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Saltspring Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saltspring Island
Photos in Saltspring IslandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 82 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beppu Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Grampians Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Clare Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos