"The Cathedral City" Top 5 Page for this destination Hildesheim by Colzy

Hildesheim Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 226 photos

Hildesheim is situated in Lower Saxony between the Harz mountains and the northern German lowlands, about 30km south of Hanover.

Hildesheim is a city with an interesting history and culture and is famous for its Dom and St Michael's Church which have both made UNESCO's World Heritage List. But there is much more than that...

• Last visit to Hildesheim: Oct 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 31, 2004

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Love your page Colleen, I am about to read some of your others. I will be visiting this part of Germany next year.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 4:00 PM

Great page, I liked the rathaus pic, and the tip about the rosebush - I never knew they got so old!

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 3:49 AM

Colleen, Thank you for stopping by on my pages! You have great Hildesheim pages! Hildesheim is just 16 km away from my home town...

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 4:26 AM

Another interesting German destination you've highlighted here Colleen. You are rapidly becoming one of VT's German expert tip writers. Liebe gruesse meine freundin. (Did I get all the spelling right there?)

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 10:11 AM

Wonderful presentation!!!Great pictures!!!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Great tips! I've been thinking of going! I think I will wait for warmer weather next year!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 2:28 PM

Excellent hildesheim pages, a local could not have done a better job! Sabs, tell her again, she doesn't believe me!

• Nov 15, 2004 at 2:24 PM

my roots are in hildesheim but you know the place better than me obviously!

• Nov 10, 2004 at 4:28 PM

A very interesting page with a lot of good information and pictures. I guess I should visit north germany once...

Colzy

“'A naked man fears no pickpockets'”

Badges & Stats in Hildesheim

Have you been to Hildesheim?

Latest Activity in Hildesheim