"Byron Bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay by Colzy

Byron Bay Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 327 photos

What can I say about Byron? It is fast becoming a 'must-see' for tourists as they head up or down the East coast of Australia. It is the most Easterly point of the Australian mainland and a place of rugged beauty with the coast and the beautiful hinterland.

The Byron I know is a little different from the tourist haven it resembles today. I grew up not far from here and remember the days when you didnt have to pay for parking to go up to the lighthouse and the goats roamed freely along the cliffs surrounding the area. Gee, don't I just sound like my parents! I can't believe I just said 'I remember the days when...' Scary!

It has changed immensely in the last 20 years but its natural beauty and the charm unique locals have not disappeared here in this wonderful town that must be described as a little piece of paradise.

• Intro Updated Sep 3, 2005

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 12:28 AM

Brilliant tips and photos, Colleen! :-) I'm looking for potential stopping off points between Sydney and Brisbane and everyone keeps telling me to visit Byron Bay - and, from your page, I can see why!! :-)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 4:02 PM

Looks a truly beautiful spot. I think I must have missed it when I drove along that coast in '99 as I don't remember seeing any of the things you show :-(

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 10:56 PM

Gr8 Byron tips Colzy! Must get back up there sooner rather than later.

• Maximilian21's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 10:16 PM

great page here colzy, i truly love Byron.

Colzy

“'A naked man fears no pickpockets'”

Badges & Stats in Byron Bay

Have you been to Byron Bay?

Latest Activity in Byron Bay