"Braunschweig, my home for now" Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig by Colzy
Braunschweig Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 553 photos
Braunschweig has a long and colourful history. Heinrich der Lowe chose Braunschweig as his residence in the 12th Century and its origins are as a busy trading centre. About 90% of the main area of Braunschweig was destroyed in the Allied bombings of WW2 but much has been restored and rebuilt.
Braunschweig is the perfect place to spend a weekend if you are visiting Germany. It does not have all the hustle and bustle of centres such as Berlin or Hamburg. It has every amenity and a day could easily be idled away simply browsing its many shops. It also has a variety of parks and museums that may also be of interest.
The main walking area of Braunschweig can be covered on foot without any problems. Wolfenbuttel another lovely town to visit is not far from Braunschweig and the Harz Mountains and Hanover are approximately only an hour away.
- Pros:Parks, shopping and architecture
- Cons:It seems that on Sunday the town is almost deserted
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a visit
This is without a doubt THE BEST pub in Braunschweig. And not only due to the fact they broadcast rugby matches when... more travel advice
From approximately the onset of advent you will find Christmas markets emerge in many German towns and cities and... more travel advice
Colzy's Related Pages
Braunschweig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Braunschweig, my home for now"
- "Opera and cycling in Braunschweig"
- "Of hearts and lions - Braunschweig"
- "Brewery or history?"
- "Braunschweig - a powerhouse of medieval Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Braunschweig
- Hotels in Braunschweig
- Transportation in Braunschweig
- Nightlife in Braunschweig
- Restaurants in Braunschweig
- Shopping in Braunschweig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Braunschweig
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Braunschweig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Braunschweig
Photos in BraunschweigSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hildesheim Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Wolfenbüttel Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballina Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bad Harzburg Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos