"BINGARA - Gem of the New England" Bingara by huwhit

Bingara Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 54 photos

Capital of the Gwydir Shire Council

Bingara - My Home. A fantastic place to live, an excellent place to visit. There is a multitude of things to do in this bustling rural town that is has seen the better side of Australia's rural recession.

The people have not curled up and let there town die. They have siezed upon the attractions that make the town great - and may not have been realised before.

From horse riding along the famous Gwydir River, visiting the nearby Copeton Dam that was initiated by the original Bingara Shire Council, viewing the incredible Sawn Rocks glacial area, fossicking for gold, or just realxing on the golf course - there is a multitude of things to do.

Popular with backapackers, families, sportsmen and women, and lovers of fine arts and theatres, Bingara has something to offer everyone.

The Oz Experience tour bus stops overnight in the town, proving it to be a popular place with backpackers from all over Europe and the World.

• Pros:Excellent theatre group, good country shopping, great natural sites.
  • Cons:Bit of a drive - you'll get over it.
  • Last visit to Bingara: Jan 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 19, 2004

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 6:54 PM

I've yet to make it to any part of Australia at all. It is way up there on my list of places I want to go. i am very interested in the birds and animals there. I love your pages. You ooze enthusiasm. Thanks.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 12:48 AM

Met teachers from Bingara Central at a workshop I was running with colleagues in Moree (see my Moree page) so I'm so pleased to stumble across a Bingara page. Let me know if you add photos & tips please.

huwhit

“Explore, Dream, Discover.”

Badges & Stats in Bingara

Have you been to Bingara?

Latest Activity in Bingara