"BINGARA - Gem of the New England" Bingara by huwhit
Bingara Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 54 photos
Bingara - My Home. A fantastic place to live, an excellent place to visit. There is a multitude of things to do in this bustling rural town that is has seen the better side of Australia's rural recession.
The people have not curled up and let there town die. They have siezed upon the attractions that make the town great - and may not have been realised before.
From horse riding along the famous Gwydir River, visiting the nearby Copeton Dam that was initiated by the original Bingara Shire Council, viewing the incredible Sawn Rocks glacial area, fossicking for gold, or just realxing on the golf course - there is a multitude of things to do.
Popular with backapackers, families, sportsmen and women, and lovers of fine arts and theatres, Bingara has something to offer everyone.
The Oz Experience tour bus stops overnight in the town, proving it to be a popular place with backpackers from all over Europe and the World.
- Pros:Excellent theatre group, good country shopping, great natural sites.
- Cons:Bit of a drive - you'll get over it.
huwhit's Related Pages
Bingara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HISTORIC GOLD MINING TOWN"
- "Surviving on the tourist trail"
- "BINGARA - Gem of the New England"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bingara
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bingara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bingara
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Venice Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Vienna Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Kerkyra Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.