"Fightin' Texas Aggie page!" Top 5 Page for this destination College Station by marigirl
College Station Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 147 photos
First of all, everybody knows that Southerners are the best-looking crowd around. Let's just get that out of the way. This is an attractive campus, and I'm not talking landscaping. Let's be honest.
College Station exists because of Texas A&M University. Before it was a town, the train would pull in and the engineer would call "College" station so all the sleeping cadets would wake up and get off. Whoop! And a legend was born.
It's only partially a military school. And yes, we're best known for football, and for being the best.
Walking through the Texas A&M campus, running across scores of guys in uniform yelling, running, hollering, and otherwise carrying on is not uncommon.
Off campus, they still stick out because of their military haircuts.
I'm gonna have to say the last four years have been great. Cute town, ridiculously friendly people (HOWDY!), fabulous school, etc - check out the restaurant tips and stuff for pictures of people actually out having fun. All these pictures are of Texas A&M.
But there's so much more!
And yes, the train still runs through the middle of town. More specifically, it runs right outside my apartment. In the middle of the night. Fabulous. But I love it!
- Pros:College Town
- Cons:... College Town
- In a nutshell:....... College Town
marigirl's Related Pages
College Station Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic College Station Page"
- "College Station, Texas"
- "College Station - My Fiance's college home"
- "College Station - Home of Texas A&M University"
- "Fightin' Texas Aggie page!"
- "aileronguy's new College Station Page"
- "A Two-percenter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in College Station
- Hotels in College Station
- Transportation in College Station
- Nightlife in College Station
- Restaurants in College Station
- Warnings and Dangers in College Station
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint Louis
- Sky Meadows State Park Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- Isla Flamenco Hotels
- Wheeling Island Hotels
- Isla Holbox
- Red Deer Hotels
- Manhattan Beach
- Greater Accra Region
- Lebanon Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels
- Wichita Falls
Badges & Stats in College Station
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to College Station?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in College Station
Photos in College StationSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairo Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination College Station Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mexico Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- London Intro, 3 photos
- Houston Intro, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos
- Querétaro Intro, 3 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 3 photos
Latest College Station hotel reviews
- Amerisuites College Station
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Days Inn Bryan - College Station
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Manor House Inn
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- E-Z Travel Motor Inn
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Super 8 College Station
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Quality Suites College Station
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Hilton College Station And Conference Center
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013