Key West Restaurant Tips by Dutchnatasja
Key West Restaurants: 355 reviews and 393 photos
Flying Monkey, Key West
Located in the heart of Key West on Duval street. Flying Monkeys Saloon is an open air bar. Flying Monkeys world famous Margaritas are made with fresh juice and served in a 22 oz glass. If frozen drinks are you thing, than go to the Flying Monkey. Great frozen drinks!
Favorite Dish: The frozen drinks. (they have about 15 flavors to choose from)
Address: 227 Duval Street
Fogarty's Bar & Restaurant Key West
This is a great place to people-watch. It's home of the Flying Monkey bar, an outdoor, mostly mellow, bar. They have just about any blended drink you could think of.
This Duval Street eatery serves diners who enjoy people watching and casual, American food.
Favorite Dish: Flying Monkeys Saloon
Proudly Serving the Finest Frozen Drinks in the World
Souvenir Cup $5.95
Squeeze Bottle $9.95 * Squeeze Refill $6.95
Super Jumbo $14.95 * Jumbo Refills $ 10.95
The frozen drinks at the Flying Monkey.
Howler: Our strongest Grain Alcohol, vodka
& lemonade. Cool & refreshing.
Third Degree Burn: 151 rum, bourbon & fresh fruit juices.
Grape Ape Bourbon: 151 rum & grape punch.
Rumrunner: 151 rum blackberry brandy & fruit juices.A keys specialty.
Pina Colada: Creamy coconut pineapples and rum.
Margarita: A Keys favorite. Gold tequila, Cointreau & lime. Amazingly strong.
Mojo: Cherry with grain alcohol & vodka.
Summer Hummer: Vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry & orange juice.
Chocohol: Chocolate ice cream, crème de cacao & vodka.
White Russian: Vodka, Kahlua and cream. Smooth and strong.
Strawberry Daiquiri: Classic and delicious. Fresh Strawberries & rum.
Banana Breeze Crème de banana & vanilla ice cream.
Hojo: Mix of Mojo and Howler. It's dead sexy.
Dirty Monkey: Banana Breeze mixed with Chocohol
Pain in the Ass: Mix of Pina Colada & Rumrunner.
Mango Madness: Captain Morgan Rum, 151 Rum and mango.
Mudslide: White Russian and Chocohol
Grain Train: Mix of 3 grain flavors: Mojo, Grainorade & Howler.
Address: 227 Duval Street
Directions: main street Old Town
It's one of those places you've got to go if you're a parrot head. And if you aren’t, than it’s still a place you’ve got to go. Walking in you notice all the Key West and Jimmy Buffett memorabilia, street signs, and all the bright, loud colors covering the walls.
I ordered the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" which came with fries. It was made just like the song says; "Medium rare with mustard... onion slice... lettuce and tomato... Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes...” It was good and tasty.
There is also live entertainment at night and in the weekends. They say Jimmy does stop by and play when he is visiting, well not when we were around. Maybe next time…..who knows??
Next door is the gift shop if you need to say, 'Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.' You’ll find all sorts of Jimmy Buffett merchandise, like t-shirts, various choice of music, and a whole lot more.
Favorite Dish: Cheeseburger in Paradise of course!
Address: 500 Duval Street Key West, FL 33040
This is me in Duval Beach Club
Duval beach club is on the end of Duval Street (behind La Mer and Dewey House) and is located right on the beach. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is tasty and the menu is full and varied from the basic burger to mahi and grouper. The staff is very friendly, and the view is perfect; looking out upon the ocean with sandy beach in the foreground with a tropical drink in my hand. There are palm trees and beach chairs on the beach. There walks a “cabana boy” on the beach, where you can order your drinks or snacks. It is a perfect place to lie in the sun, and to eat a bit at Duvat beach Club.
Address: 1405 Duval St.
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the end of Duval street, right on the beach. (behind La Mer and Dewey House)
Kelly's Bar and Grill
Kelly's Caribbean Bar and Grill, which is located at Whitehead Street, occupies the original home of Pan American Airways. It is owned by actress Kelly McGillis and her husband. It is a lovely place to eat. It has a beautiful garden where you can eat. There are also inside tables so if you prefer to dine inside, than that is possible. Kelly’s keeps its charm with an easy-going taste of the Island cuisine.
Address: 301 Whitehead Street
Comparison: about average
Directions: The original home of Pan American Airways.
Grand Cafe, Key West
Right on Duval street is a restaurant called Grand cafe. This is a great restaurant. The food is good. A very friendly staff. You can sit inside or outside. Defenitly a restaurant that you have to try. Here's a tip for you, at the visitor center in Key West (I don't know the name, but if you enter Key West, go by the trafficlights to the right and then it is on the leftside), well what I was going to say is, that you can take coupons for a free dessert (and they have good ones) or a free frozen cocktail. You'll find the coupons on the frontdesk of the visitorcenter.
Favorite Dish: I like everything!
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (29)
- See All Sunset Celebration Artist
- See All Gingerbread House
- Thousands of shells
- Discover the true flavor of Key West
Dutchnatasja's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 35 Reviews
- 121 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Christmas Lunch & Dinner"
- Commented on one of Ericasmurf99's Key West travel pages
- updated a Key West Travel Page "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- Wrote a Review Sunset Celebration Artist about Mallory Square in Key West Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunset Celebration Artist"
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (121)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 82 reviews, 218 photos, 5 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 24 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York State Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Savannah Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florida Keys Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brooklyn Heights Intro, 2 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sarasota Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Texas Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
No friends yet.
- Southernmost Point- 47 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Duval Street- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Beach- 20 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Sunsets- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Hemingway- 51 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Mallory Square- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Dry Tortugas- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Mallory Sunset- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Famous Bars- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- US 1 Mile Marker 0- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Key West Things to Do