"My Travels" doofus's Profile

A brief background.

I will get round to building a home page. I have only recently joined the group and am thoroughly enjoying it. I wish I had found out about this ages ago.
just a little bit about me. I am now 58 and still enjoy to travel but not as much as I would like to.
In my younger years I have travelled across Africa overland to Cape Town from London. Many tings happened en route but I will wait till I have constructed tnehome page to share all that.
I have also travelled fairly extensively in Asia, mostly Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia and India. If I had to pick one country that I know most about then I would say the Philippines.
I used to work for the railways so have also travelled a lot by rail throughout Europe.

I am now 63! a lot happened since I first wrote on this page!! Must get around to writing my travels!!

Now in my 66th year. Am in remission from cancer and I still love travelling. Since I was 63 have been to the philippines twice and India twice and a couple of short breaks in Tunisia on a touristy thing.

• Intro Updated Jul 1, 2012

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I wrote a book several years ago and in 2010 i tried to publish it but without success. I recently put on the forum requesting more info on this and have had a few interesting tips. I am constructing another house now which should be completed in Sept, then off to Sikkim for a month or so, then i will try harder to get it published.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Have a wonderful birthday and many more.......
    ...

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Happy birthday Doofus, surely Saundesfoot has more to offer than one dodgy restaurant! Looking forward to reading more tips.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 2:36 PM

HI - hope u hv a very special Birthday!! I agree that travel is much better when young--glad I started out 43 yrs ago! My father and grandfathers were all with the Baltimore&Ohio RR when I was growing up and I too love to go via train. Trish

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

• Bunsch's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Happy birthday, Doofus! I see you've been to Cape Town, too -- a great city. Any thoughts about the new China-Tibet railway line?

• Dick33's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 3:05 AM

How did you get on in Malta?

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Hi Doofus!U seem to know a lot about the Philippines;) I'm envy;);) have a nice day!

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 7:55 AM

eagerly waiting for your tips..

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 8:25 AM

Hey, I love your 'name' - doofus!! Have u seen the film 'Confidence'? - starring Rachel Weisz? i thnk ther's a dufus in there! Excellent film! Darshan

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
doofus's Profile Photo

doofus

“If you cannot change it-- then why worry?”

Location