"It's not all cowboys and tumbleweeds..." lizzytex's Profile

Hello from the Lone Star State!

I live in Houston, Texas with my eleven year-old daughter. I've lived here since I was 8, so I pretty much consider myself a Texan. I was born in New York, and still have family there so I visit every so often. I like New York a lot, though not sure I could live there again. New Yorkers are on a totally different time table than Texans! We tend to move at a much slower pace - it drives the Yanks crazy!! :)

I've only started to travel more in the past year. I want my daughter to have a greater consciousness of the world and its differences, and the best way to do that is through travel. Our first international trip together was Costa Rica and we had the MOST amazing time!

My younger brother works for American Airlines, and the greatest perk of working for an airline is FREE TRAVEL!!! That is how I made the Argentina and Hong Kong trips, and will hopefully be traveling to either Cape Town or Sydney next year. I have definitely caught the travel bug and am no sooner back from one vacation before I am planning the next....

• Intro Updated Oct 26, 2011

• mili_143's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Wish you many many happy returns of the day...Enjoy.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM

When you do move to Chicago let me know. I'm a co-organizer of a Chicago Street Photography Group. My speciality is a combination of history/photo tours. I'm leading a group of about 20 people tomorrow visiting the sites of 5 of the 6 Historic Chicago Train Stations. 4 still exist in one form or fashion while the 5th is a dog park. The 6th which we won't visit is a bunch of high rises near the lake.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you keep travelling and have more sharing on VT.

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Happy birthday!

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2006 at 2:20 AM

Merry Christmas Liz! Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!

• Aug 23, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Happy Birthday! Stay cool.

• roamingpaddy's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 9:34 AM

Happy birthday Liz from Ireland

• travelswithsteve's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 5:34 AM

Hi from England, hope you have a great birthday and happy travels.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Happy Birthday to you. Hope you have a fabulous day :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
lizzytex's Profile Photo

lizzytex

“Always take the road less traveled!”

Real Name