"Suzuka, the home of my friends......" Suzuka by DaveRowley
Suzuka Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 30 photos
Back in 1998, I used to work real close to the track and have been before, but never on a race day, whether cars or motorbikes.
My friends live 20 minutes away and kindly let Eddie and I stay over the night before the race, and put a birthday party on for him too which was brilliant
A friend of a friend got us tickets for the GP for free, which was a special treat indeed
I met my Japanese family in 1998, visited them again at Christmas 2002, and then went for my Son's 18th in 2005.
They are a fantastic bunch and really do know how to make people feel welcome.
This picture shows Kazuya, Keigo (2), Amuro (4), Mayumi & Bob. Mayumi & Bob's new born baby was asleep whilst the party was on.
Fantastic family... fantastic people.. enough said!!!!
A great experience... something that photographs cannot explain.
The Speed, Noise and Atmosphere of a trackside viewing position was superb.
Everyone sat on a large grassy bank... we in particular were at the Hairpin Curve.
- Pros:Worked there for 6 months and its fine...
DaveRowley's Related Pages
Suzuka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "suzuka f1 circuit"
- "Suzuka - home of the F1 Grand Prix in Japan!"
- "Suzuka, the home of my friends......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suzuka
- Hotels in Suzuka
- Transportation in Suzuka
- Shopping in Suzuka
- Warnings and Dangers in Suzuka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suzuka
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Suzuka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suzuka
Top 10 Pages
- Newcastle under Lyme Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Durban Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Adelaide River Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne 4 reviews, 4 photos