"Huntington Beach, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach by DaveRowley
Huntington Beach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 233 photos
This is how I ended up in HB...
I'd been to Lac D'Annecy in France (1976) & Moscow in what was the old Soviet Union (1978) as a schoolboy, plus the annual family holiday to either Newquay (Cornwall), Abersoch (North Wales) or one of the many Butlins Camps.
My elder brother then went to Crete twice in 1984 & on his third trip there that year I went with him (my first trip away on my own without Mum & Dad).....
I fell in love with Greece & more importantly, the people!
Since then, I've done the usual European visits to Greece, Spain, the Canaries & Central / Eastern Europe.
I've worked since 17 & never been allowed more than 2 weeks off in 1 spell...
I'm soon 41 and last September after spending a 2 week holiday bored at home, made my mind up that I needed to get moving..
After checking out the England Team itinerary for the 2004 winter tour I saw the Barmy Army wanted £1600 for 2 weeks in Durban & Cape Town.
How would I get that time off...
I got myself another job, that's how..after 17 years with the same company I walked...and it felt good..
Oh my goodness,what had I done :-)
The next step was to see what I could sort for £1600 and the rest as they say is history...
For £1700 (not inc. spending money) I came to HB for a week, 2.5 weeks in Oz (many places) & still saw the Test Match in Durban,South Africa.
In summary, I may never again have more than 2 weeks off work until I retire, however, this trip was my key to the door...and the door is now well and truly smashed off its hinges :-)
Huntington Beach is fantastic..a clean place, safer than I expected for a 1st timer to the US..friendly people, plenty to see, value for money and more than anything the first place I visited in a new Chapter of my Life!!!
Thank you HB & I will see you again on the 19th May, 2005 with 3 of my mates :-)
I wasn't in HB during the Peak Season, but I can imagine it's absolutely brilliant....
It's the sort of place you can surf, swim and laze under the sun during the day..
and party, dance and listen to live music at night....
For all the bigger clubs, gigs, etc you would have to venture further towards Los Angeles City, but HB offers more than enough for a week's relaxation by the Pacific.
This time I didn't go alone...my mate Rob from Bradwell and Barny from Chesterfield went to......
we never stopped laughing from the day we went to the night we arrived home....even in our sleep i'm sure.....absolute screamer :-) :-)
- In a nutshell:even better the 2nd time round...going again...
Its actually a small kebab type stall sited just inside the market itself its great after several beers at night, if... more travel advice
Jukebox that downloads tunes off the net...so the choice is great....especially all the old British Punk that I like No... more travel advice
DaveRowley's Related Pages
Huntington Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huntington Beach, California"
- "Surfin' Huntington"
- "Great for bar hopping & smells good too!"
- "H.B. Baby!"
- "Surf City, USA"
- "Travel in Huntington Beach"
- "Huntington Beach - Surf City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huntington Beach
- Hotels in Huntington Beach
- Transportation in Huntington Beach
- Nightlife in Huntington Beach
- Restaurants in Huntington Beach
- Shopping in Huntington Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Huntington Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huntington Beach
- 21 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Huntington Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huntington Beach
- Posted in Travel Casablanca Forum "Re: one day off a cruise in 2..."
- Wrote a Review Surf City Market Kebabs & Wraps...mmmmm in Huntington Beach Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice Pizza...but it closes at 9pm...."
- updated a Huntington Beach Travel Page "Huntington Beach, California"
- Commented on one of bugalugs's Huntington Beach travel pages
Photos in Huntington BeachSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Newcastle under Lyme Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Durban Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Adelaide River Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne 4 reviews, 4 photos