"Life in Chesapeake" Chesapeake by Kara01

Chesapeake Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 8 photos

Suburbia

If you want to visit a truly American suburb, Chesapeake is the place. Chesapeake is one of the many cities that make up what is known as Hampton Roads. This is a transient area because it is well populated by the different branches of the military. The families come and go. This makes it difficult growing up and meeting young friends because after three years they get whisked away to another area. My family is in the education business so we have been here our whole lives. My mother was an English teacher and my dad was a guidance councelor. I have not traveled as much as I would like to but I'm working on it. In college I did get around to various party cities in the US. I will include pictures and discriptions of these places for personal nostalgia and reader's interest. Before I do that a few words about Chesapeake, VA. Virginia is the perfect state for me because you get everything. In a days trip you can be on top of a mountain or at the beach. The climate does not get too cold for too long nor does it get too hot for too long. If it does snow, travelers do beware... we drive terrible in the snow. The Hampton Roads area does not wish to spend money on the various equipment that most cities up north use to clear up the roads in a speedy fashion. You will find the main highways and interstates bearable but again I caution you that we do not do well in the snowy weather.
Most people who do travel to the east coast of Virginia are here to visit Virginia Beach which can be reached thirty minutes from my doorstep. In Va Beach you will find the standard tourist beach shops and eateries. This means you can be sure to find a fudge shop, a shop selling neon tshirts, and various saltwater taffy shops along the beach. With the oceana military base close by you will enjoy the company of the fine men and woman who protect our country at the various bars, clubs,and pubs. There are plenty of places to have a Budweiser or "kick up some sand".

• Last visit to Chesapeake: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 15, 2006

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 11:42 AM

Very interesting writings in intro, written with passion. I thought, that only we in Poland drive terrible in the snow :-). Right, Virginia has a lot of to offer for a visitor. I liked Virginia a lot!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 7:17 AM

Hi Kara......very interesting page and I loved the photo. Please tell us more about Virginia and the USA!

Kara01 Lives Here!

Kara01

“"Why not?! We're on vacation right?!!"”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Chesapeake

Have you been to Chesapeake?

Latest Activity in Chesapeake