"Monkey Mia ~ Home of Dolphins and Pelicans" Top 5 Page for this destination Monkey Mia by icyjo24
Monkey Mia Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 89 photos
Monkey Mia was named as such as there was a ship called 'Monkey' in the past that stops at this place. 'Mia' means 'home' in aboriginal terms so the place means 'Home of the Monkey'. However, you don't find monkeys here. Instead, you will find many dolphins and pelicans (the bird that help to save Nemo if you have watched 'Finding Nemo') here. Monkey Mia is part of the protected World Heritage Site of Shark Bay.
On the catamaran 'Shotover'
- In a nutshell:Must visit if you are a dolphin-lover!
Here are more dolphins swimming close to the shore. more travel advice
There are 2 feeding sessions a day. Almost very morning, a group of bottlenose dolphins will come close to shore,... more travel advice
icyjo24's Related Pages
Monkey Mia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dolphins To Go"
- "Monkey Mia, Western Australia"
- "Monkey Mia ~ Home of Dolphins and Pelicans"
- "Monkey Mia and Hamelin Pool"
- "Monkey Mia and Dolphins"
- "Shark Bay"
- "Monkey Mia - dolphins are there somewhere"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monkey Mia
- Hotels in Monkey Mia
- Nightlife in Monkey Mia
- Warnings and Dangers in Monkey Mia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monkey Mia
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Monkey Mia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monkey Mia
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Ko Khai Intro, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Redang Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Northern Thailand Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rottnest Island Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue