"The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng" Top 5 Page for this destination Vang Vieng by icyjo24
Vang Vieng Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 346 photos
Vang Vieng is located about 3 hours from the capital of Laos, Vientiane or 6 hours from Luang Prabang. I spent 2 days in Vang Vieng. Although it has been criticized by many for being too touristy, the charm of Vang Vieng lies in the karst landscape, the Nam Song River and the surrounding countryside. I would recommend staying for at least two to three days in Vang Vieng.
Vang Vieng is a place for the adventurous, anyone who loves kayaking, tubing, cycling or hiking. The Nam Song River is the site for kayaking or tubing, where you can kayak or float on tubes along the river and enjoy the scenery of the surrounding karst landscapes. There are also some low grade rapids along parts of the river. There are also several limestone cliffs and caverns for exploration around Vang Vieng.
In the late afternoon when dusk is approaching and its not advisable to continue with adventurous activities, find a riverside restaurant or cafe and enjoy great sunset views while having a beer Lao or a fruit shake.
The riverside bungalows here are superb and relatively new. The staff are friendly. Although it may be a bit more... more travel advice
If you stay in a guesthouse by the Nam Song River, it is very convenient to watch the sunset behind the karst mountains.... more travel advice
icyjo24's Related Pages
Vang Vieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "... by the Song river, in the shade of mountains"
- "Heavenly Vang Viang"
- "peaceful Vang Vieng"
- "The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng"
- "Vang Vieng- Peaceful Town"
- "Hippy Haven"
- "Chill out....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vang Vieng
- Hotels in Vang Vieng
- Transportation in Vang Vieng
- Nightlife in Vang Vieng
- Restaurants in Vang Vieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Vang Vieng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Vang Vieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vang Vieng
Photos in Vang ViengSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Ko Khai Intro, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Redang Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Northern Thailand Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rottnest Island Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue