"Dalkey, a pretty village near Dublin" Top 5 Page for this destination Dalkey by Ruai

Dalkey Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 78 photos

I like Dalkey because its kept some sense of the village it was while being incorporated into ever expanding Dublin. Its location has helped in this regard, limiting development to some extent(sea on one side, national park on the other). There are literally Dalkeyites who have not stepped out of the village in years, finding in it all they need. No wonder Dalkey has its own King . . . :-)

• Intro Updated Oct 18, 2006

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Lovely place ! Regards.

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I grew up reading Lafcadio's stories thinking he was a Japanese guy. (Books had his Japanese name on it.) I'm reading "the Dalkey archive" now. I should take DART over to Darkey when I'm in Dublin next time. :)

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 11:33 AM

I love this little village. Stayed here twice as the same B&B. Bet its still there! Doesn't Enya live here?? - and Van Morrison?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Dalkey is a lovely place! I enjoyed both Dalkey and Killiney and the walk through the park and would go there again when I visit Dublin again (someday hopefully).

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2006 at 2:13 PM

Lovely little page - I really guess we will have to come back to Dublin!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Ruadrhi and that the New Year will bring you all the best!

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Lovely little page on Dalkey! I enjoyed the read. :)

Ruai

“Life is what you make of it”

Badges & Stats in Dalkey