"Dirty old town" Dublin by Ruai

Dublin Travel Guide: 5,145 reviews and 9,472 photos

Old-New city on the banks of the liffey

Dublin is my hometown. Its changed a lot in the last few years, sometimes for the good, sometimes not, but its essential character is indomitable in the face of all that can be thrown at it! Its a lively, dirty, at times beautiful place surrounded by lovely countryside and facing the sea.

One of its defining characteristics at the moment is a rapidly increasing population and you won't have to walk far in the city to encounter some of those attracted to work here by the booming Irish economy.

• Intro Updated Sep 2, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for the tips!

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Ruai, I'm taking a peek at your Dublin page again and I noticed your review of the Conrad Dublin. We'll actually be staying across the street from it at Kilronan House. When I bring my daughter, we plan to stay at The Shelbourne!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Hello, Ruaidhri ! Your page makes interesting reading! Thanks form your brilliant photos! ><><><

• MichaelRees's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 7:28 AM

fascinating page on a fascinating city

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Aaahh... I'm ready to return to Dublin. I loved it there!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Loved browsing your Dublin pages. Reminds me of a great trip and how much I look forward to returning!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM

Enjoyed your tips and looking forward to our vist mid August, although only 2 days in Dublin, 10 all up in your fine country.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Greetings from Tel Aviv - Mary

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 5:15 AM

it seems Dept of Enterprise building, Kildare Street and i have something in common ~ Food appears to be pricey for folks with greenbacks and Loonies across the atlantic ;-(((

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Had never considered Dublin or Ireland as a "tourist destination", I will return to your pages to see more, you may have "adjusted" my thinking. Thanks, Martin

Ruai

“Life is what you make of it”

Badges & Stats in Dublin