"Bisbee - find your artist" Top 5 Page for this destination Bisbee by rtBrandie
Bisbee Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 365 photos
Bisbee is one of the easiest places to find yourself in a conversation with a stanger. This is Bisbee native Ely who has competed and won the Bisbee Hill Climb competition. If you're not impressed just wait until I upload a photo of the hill - you'll never believe anyone could make it up and back. Here he is in a building he built himself and is planning to add a home to someday. Many of the local homes were built by the people who later lived in them. Ely grew up in a home built by his father.
This is a picture from inside the "trolley" bus tour. Taylor got a little sleepy but when she woke up she still remembered what our tour guide told us about the Bisbee flood and fire of years past.
The trolley tour is very easy to find at the base of Main street. Don't pay for parking there if you don't have to. There is free parking north of that lot (up Brewery Gulch) and west if you follow Main street. Sometimes those lots get filled quickly but you may find on-street parking. The trolly is a great way to get a basic view and some history of Bisbee. The Lavender Jeep tours are a great way to see the hills, backroads, unique homes and hillside artwork of the town. The Lavender Jeep tours start next to the trolley stop, as well.
- Pros:Abundant local culture, lots of art, great Sunday society at the Bisbee Coffee Co. and elsewhere
- Cons:Some of the people are crazy and they speak, too (but they're harmless)
- In a nutshell:For writers and artists there are few places better than Bisbee!
I've found the Lavender Jeep tours (start at the base of Main Street next to the trolley stop, across the street from... more travel advice
Independence Day (July 4th) in Bisbee means race day! Every year there is an event in which hundreds of people sign up... more travel advice
rtBrandie's Related Pages
Bisbee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bisbee - A Haven for Artists and Hippies"
- "Another world hidden in a canyon"
- "Bisbee - find your artist"
- "Bisbee, Arizona"
- "bottleofdoom's new Bisbee Page"
- "Bisbee Arizona"
- "Bisbee Arizona - "Little San Fransico""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bisbee
- Hotels in Bisbee
- Transportation in Bisbee
- Nightlife in Bisbee
- Restaurants in Bisbee
- Shopping in Bisbee
- Warnings and Dangers in Bisbee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bisbee
- 9 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bisbee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bisbee
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bisbee Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos