Tokyo Shopping Tips by conark
Tokyo Shopping: 209 reviews and 310 photos
I've been living 10 minutes away from what some consider the major entry point into Tokyo from Chiba and Saitama, Kitasenju. It's a wonderful little town with the recent addition of the Marui department store adjacent to the Lumine department store and Kitasenju train station. Lumine, I believe, has been an addition from the past few years so it's quite new and clean, with little clothes boutiques, a nice market downstairs, a Sony plaza, DVD/record shop, and a great eating area upstairs. Also, it's conveniently attached to the train station so you don't have to go outside to enter. Next to that you have Marui which has been opened since Feb of 2004. It's a slightly more upscale department store which favors teens as demonstrated by the hip clothing (including a Gap). The place boast a Virgin record store, Tokyu Hands, Kinokuniya book store, an international market, a cheap and expensive food course down and upstairs respectfully and various other goods.
What to buy: try the restaurants from either department store. my recommendations are Tapas Tapas, Kokan Soba shop and another Chinese shop in Lumine. Also, check out the import stores. Both have one (at least).
Address: Kitasenju Train Station
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (15)
conark's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "livingstonefree tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 16 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
No friends yet.
- Imperial Palace(Kokyo Gaien National Garden)- 59 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Ginza- 51 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Harajuku And Omote Sando- 62 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Asakusa- 76 Reviews, 135 Photos
- Tsukiji Market- 50 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Mt. Fuji - Day Trip- 23 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Odaiba- 58 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Shinjuku- 52 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Akihabara- 44 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Tokyo Tower- 52 Reviews, 102 Photos
See All Tokyo Things to Do