"My hammock, my home" Yelapa by miclev21
Yelapa Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 35 photos
Yelapa is wonderful. Its about a 1 hour water taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta. You pass amazing vistas of the Sierra Madre's, beautiful cliff side homes and small touristy towns on the way. Watch out for the crazy storms that you may run into during the rainy season. Definitely be prepared to get wet on the ride!
Yelapa is a small village town that extends along a river deep into the 'jungle'. There are several Cascadas or waterfalls you can trek to. There is also kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, eating, drinking and just relaxing.
Tourist boats come in from around 1100 to 1500 every day, but afterwards, Yelapa is all yours. I love Yelapa....I want to go back so I just lay in my hammock and have no worries.
Reading by candlelight or flashlight. Fresh seafood and a variety of meals. Playing Uno by hurrican lamp. Friendly staff. Rocks, friendly creatures and mosquito nets. Just a few of the amenities that Hotel Lagunita offers in Yelapa. Their fresh water pool is quite fun as well. Check them out!!!
- Pros:NO ONE IS THERE
- Cons:Are there any?
- In a nutshell:ESCAPE
miclev21's Related Pages
Yelapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lovely Day trip to Yelapa"
- "lovely Yelapa"
- "My hammock, my home"
- "Yelapa, Jalisco, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yelapa
- Hotels in Yelapa
- Transportation in Yelapa
- Restaurants in Yelapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Yelapa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yelapa
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Yelapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yelapa
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 6 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 4 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Annapolis Intro, 13 reviews, 1 photo
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 9 reviews
- Valencia Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue