"Hello and welcome to Scotland" cutiepadger's Profile
Here in Glen Nevis, there are delightful walks to satisfy the low-level hiker and photographer. One such walk is a hike through the gorge in the Glen, where the River Nevis cascades and tumbles down from the surrounding mountains, on its way to the sea.
This walk is very easy but good footware is recommended. Serious walkers can park their cars in Braveheart carpark or at the Ionad Nibheis Centre near the entrance to the Glen, whilst whose preferring a much shorter walk can begin at the Lower Falls carpark. If you only have a couple of hours, then you can park at the head of the Glen, near the entrance to the gorge.
Before the gorge, the Lower Falls are the first real show of power the river can offer and during wet periods these waterfalls are extremely impressive as they thunder below your feet under the bridge.
Once in the Gorge you will be delighted with wild flowers, gently cascading streams and some superb views both ahead of you and behind. After a short but pleasant walk over rocky ground the gorge opens up to reveal a hanging valley with Steall Falls pouring into the scene from high above.
A further 15 minute walk brings you to the wire-rope bridge where you can see Steall Falls at close hand, and test your balance and nerve by crossing the river on the steel rope bridge. Don't forget your camera and film, waterproofs and midgy repellant!
Only 15 minutes from Fort William High Street by car, at the head of Glen Nevis
Easy, gentle walk, some wet areas and will be icy in winter.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 13 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Accommodation in Barcelona"
- cutiepadger and shivan are now friends.
- Commented on giarenti's profile page
- updated a Italy Travelogue "Florence"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Florence"
- Wrote a Review Fantastic shopping in Rome about Piazza Navona in Rome Favorites
updated their Profile Page "Hello and welcome to Scotland"
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 4 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Greece Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Italy 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Arisaig Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos