"A city better than its reputation" Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main by dircelo
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide: 1,782 reviews and 3,923 photos
Arriving in Frankfurt's main railwaystation (Hauptbahnhof) you will not be very impressed, if you leave the station towards the city as some drug addicts and the redlight district may be welcoming you. Do not get scared of it though. You have to jump into a tram, U or S-Bahn train towards Hauptwache, Dom etc. to see the city. Frankfurt is Germany's capital of banking and commerce, it is famous for its trade fair, its airport and the only german city with an "american sky scraper skyline". It is also the heart of the Rhein/Main area, which is one of the most affluent areas in Germany.
The city has lots of things to offer, not only due to the fact that it has one of Germany's highest factors of people of all origins living here, but also due to its offerings of great public transport infrastructure, museums, restaurants, Pubs,shops, its location at the river, the green surroundings and and its local heritage.
Especially during the day you can feel the presence of Business and Commerce and the city has, also because of the near airport, an international flair.
On the left you can clearly see the main station and above the station the trade fair complex (Frankfurter Messe).
Frankfurt is the only german city with an north american skyline!
- Pros:you are in a city with lots of offerings.
- Cons:you easily can escape it too!
- In a nutshell:A city better than its reputation!
simply a nice little fountain on the square called "Liebfrauenberg" next to the Liebfrauen Church. from there easy... more travel advice
This pedestrian bridge you will see if you walk down from "Römer" and if you would like to go to the museums at the... more travel advice
dircelo's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 59 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
Photos in Frankfurt am MainSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 59 reviews, 140 photos
- Chicago Intro, 35 reviews, 120 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.