"worth a day trip from DC" Alexandria by dircelo

Alexandria Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,504 photos

quaint, cosy and noisy

For years I was told it is so easy and worth going to Alexandria, and the day I went by Metro I was honestly not too much impressed. Even though it was a nice day and I do like to watch antique stores, I somehow expected more...more atmosphere perhaps. It was a weekday and it was very quiet, the only considerable noise was coming from the aircrafts taking off from National Airport, which I found rather disturbing...
On the other side of the Marinara a huge bridge was built so I imagine Alexandria's waterfront may have lost some of its Charme.

"American Beautie"

While strolling through the town I very much was reminded of the movie "American Beautie", somehow, I can not really tell why, but I imagine people like those displayed in that movie must be living in Alexandria too, no offense to anybody.

I noticed plenty of pride, which is displayed by lots of Stars and Stripes at nearly every house. Probably many officials of the not so far Pentagon residing here, or?

Anyway go and watch Kevin Spacey, Anett Benning etc in that movie, its brilliant acting and a realistic story, won an Oscar?

• Last visit to Alexandria: Oct 2005
  • Intro Written Feb 13, 2006

Comments

dircelo

“Openess”

Badges & Stats in Alexandria

Have you been to Alexandria?

Latest Activity in Alexandria