Chicago Things to Do Tips by dircelo
Chicago Things to Do: 1,636 reviews and 3,131 photos
view from Michigan Avenue with Old Water Tower
Not only the Sears Tower offers marvelous views over the city and Lake Michigan, but on sunny days you climb that landmark! After that, enjoy lunch or dinner in the Cheescake Factory, one of the countries great chain restaurants. I have to make a separate tip for that, oh oh.
Address: Michigan Avenue
Other Contact: http://www.aviewoncities.com/chi
from Sth Michigan Avenue
This beautieful building recently has been refurbished. It now houses on the groundfloor an Hard Rock Cafe and Hotel.
One of Chicago's most striking and spectatcular landmark buildings.
Address: South Michigan Avenue and Lake street
Directions: South of the river
Other Contact: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/
01 February 2006 with Hancock Tower.
this street I love to walk down again and again, I guess it is because it is always different when I am back again.
Bean and Sears Tower from/in Millenium Park
from this park and the Millenium Park you have a wonderful skyline view of the buildings located at South Michigan Avenue.
Address: 500 S Lake Shore Dr
Directions: east of the Loop
from the highway
The tallest building of the U.S. with spectacular views over the city, Michigan lake and into Illinois. Get up early than you avoid a long wait to get up.
Directions: I am sure you'll find it.
Other Contact: http://www.cityinsights.com/sear
Plenty of museums give visitors a difficult choice, so look up the web side before deciding where to go.
Address: 111 S Michigan Avenue
Directions: East Loop, on Grant Park
This area does not only have a couple of event houses such as Theatres (Chicago) but also plenty of shops, banks, some restaurants. The red line (CTA) Metro is running underneath it...
Address: State street/Loop
Directions: South of the Chicago River, parallel to South Michigan Ave.
corner Wacker Dr./Michigan Ave.
This bridge looks great especially due to its surounding building and because of the flags and lights in the evening. Bring a scarf in winter it is always windy.
Directions: cuts down the center of downtown, East to West
daytime view North
Or enjoy people passing by, or go to the Virgin Store and listen to your favourite or new songs, or go the the Apple store and write an e-mail for free (avoid the hotels charges), or enjoy the Gap store, or in winter Ice sculptures, or simply the architecture and traffic, or go swimming in summer at the end of the "Magnificient Mile", or go to Cafe Luxe or just Starbucks, Cinemas are at Ohio, Museums....
Address: North Michigan Avenue
soon the sky is gone at State/W.Kinzie.
Another new highlight for Chicago's evergrowing skyline? Is this a neverending story. Yes, would be the answer, life is changing. Stop.
Address: behind the Wrigley Building at Chicago river.
Other Contact: http://www.trumpchicago.com/home
More Reviews (22)
- See All Terminal 1
- See All alternative unique record store/shop
- See All if you do not want Starbucks
- See All ice sculptures at Michigan Avenue
dircelo's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Explore the World
- Council Bluffs Hotels
- Watkinsville Hotels
- Canton Hotels
- Powell River Hotels
- Chula Vista
- Ouro Prêto
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 35 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 59 reviews, 140 photos
- Chicago Intro, 35 reviews, 120 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Chicago hotel reviews
- The Ardmore House
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Chateau Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2010
- Springhill Suites Chicago Ohare
- 599 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Abbott Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 6, 2012
- Inn At Lincoln Park
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- AAE Chicago Parthenon Hostel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Super 8 Chicago
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- W Chicago - City Center
- 1318 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Downtown
- 287 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Purple Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel
- 716 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- City Suites Hotel
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Best Western Hawthorne Terrace
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Michigan Avenue- 86 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Willis Tower (Formerly Sears Tower)- 110 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Millennium Park- 85 Reviews, 240 Photos
- John Hancock Center- 101 Reviews, 186 Photos
- Field Museum of Natural History- 67 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Navy Pier- 106 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Art Institute- 89 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Shedd Aquarium- 54 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Lake Michigan & Lincoln Park- 52 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Chinatown- 14 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Chicago Things to Do