"Majestic Capital of the MidWest." Chicago by dircelo
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,937 reviews and 12,194 photos
I love Chicago in particular because of its sky scraper skyline. It is the mix of old and new buildings which makes it spectactular to walk through the city centre. And it is ever changing, more and more buildings are popping up. It makes me always wonder what are people doing for a living who live in the sky scrapers...
Not only along Michigan Avenue, but also at State Street, North & Clyborn and in the suburbs are many shopping possibilities in existance.
I say in the asian malls you can escape the heat. In Chicagos malls you may warm up from the cold. (In summertime of course also chill)
Plenty of restaurants, bars also make it a great spot to relax, hang out.
Unlike other american cities there is also a good public transport system, and if you stay in the city I recommend taking the Red Line.
Even from or to the O'Hare airport you could go by Blue Line underground train.
Check out the museums, the Zoo, the Botanical Garden in Northbrook, the Synfonic Orchestra, theatres, landmarks, plenty of information to scroll through.
- Pros:cleaner and quieter than New York
- Cons:not as fast as New York
- In a nutshell:something to do all year around!
If coming to/ leaving from Chicago you should use the airlines that use Terminal 1, I believe currently Lufthansa and... more travel advice
It is a coffee house brand/chain that serves coffee, cake, cookies, cds, where you can hang out, relax, zip an espresso... more travel advice
dircelo's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 35 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 59 reviews, 140 photos
- Chicago Intro, 35 reviews, 120 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.