"Kuwait: quiet, orderly yet westernised." Kuwait by dircelo
Kuwait Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 746 photos
Unfortuantly I can not compare Kuwait to other so called Golf nations on the arabian sea( since I had not been there yet), but visiting this country -for two days only - left me with plenty of impressions.
I was very impressed by the delicate food and the abundance of sweets, by the many guest workers from othere nations and the "westernisation", which is expressed not only by the elegant and trendy western fashion the Kuwaities wear, but also by their use of western brands such as "Starbucks" ; "McDo" etc. When I was in the "Caribou Coffee Shop" near my hotel, it could have been the same shop in Chicago or NYC. Coincidence?
Very interesting is to watch that the western fashion style and the traditional Kuwaity dress code seem to go hand in hand. Noone seems to care, right?
It is always joy to see the markets in other countrys. I heard much of it is imported from Iran.
- Pros:Arabia "light, westernised"
- Cons:not even a beer!
- In a nutshell:Mmh!?
This airconditioned market is providing fresh food to all people in Kuwait. And it is worth strolling through. Some... more travel advice
dircelo's Related Pages
Kuwait Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuwait City - A hidden gem"
- "My First visit to the Gulf - Im in Kuwait!"
- "Hala Kuwait!"
- "The end of the Gulf"
- "A reborn city"
- "With A Little Help of Her Friends"
- "Al Kuwait"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuwait
- Hotels in Kuwait
- Transportation in Kuwait
- Nightlife in Kuwait
- Restaurants in Kuwait
- Shopping in Kuwait
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuwait
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuwait
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kuwait?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuwait
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 59 reviews, 140 photos
- Chicago Intro, 35 reviews, 120 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.