"The cleanest city in the world" Singapore by dircelo
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,734 reviews and 10,867 photos
When I first visited Singapore 1999 I did not like it too much, everything seemed to be regulated, repressed, observed, boring. I guess this is still the case, but who bothers if you obey the laws.
Now Singapore seems to have changed. I somehow encountered a more open, vibrant and lively atmosphere. Or was it all my imagination?
Especially since the completion of the opera house, the opening of the river promenades with more restaurants, bars, open air cafes etc as well as the rebuilding of Old China Town, the city centre has gained attraction to tourists.
Many people criticise the draconian measures on drugs, littering, chewing gums and other laws in place.
However those laws seem to have helped Singapore to be more safe and clean, with a comfortable feeling. You do not have to worry about walking into dog *** or chewing gum...
The transport system of the city is also very reliable and functional. (though it is sometimes a problem to hail a taxi in the evening)
This seems to be a hobby for many people living and visiting Singapore. For people not used to the tropical climate the many malls always promise a chill.
Shopping is not cheap in Singapore, I would recommend going to Indonesia doing that, such as Surabaya's malls.
Enjoy the atmosphere though.
The food courts certainly are one of the attractions of this city. If you are a group of people eating out everybody could choose a different dish and you meet at one table later...
....Now it is hard to decide which food court is best, I guess as always, where the locals go there you can not go wrong.
Indiatown has good indian restaurants of all price ranges to offer too.
- Pros:Clean, functional, good for work and living
- Cons:aircondition could give you a cold, restrictions
- In a nutshell:ideal for a city vacation
dircelo's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 59 reviews, 140 photos
- Chicago Intro, 35 reviews, 120 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Borobudur Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.