"Kulim was/is home" Kulim by b_c_k

Kulim Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 13 photos

Maybe I still live here...

This is the small town where I stayed and grew up in. Or rather, the town where I spent the most of my growing up years. Before that, we were in Penang, Kuching in Sarawak and Alor Star in Kedah.

It's a quaint little town, with a few supermarkets now that the industrial area is booming up. Still no malls, though.

The food is good and cheap with a lot of variety. Cost of living is slightly lower than the major cities and towns.

Whenever my cousins came back and they would surely go for the koay teow(flat, white noodle) soup because it's just good. That will be a bit tough to do now that they are in the US. My aunt & cousins from Singapore will definitely go for the Assam Laksa... Me too - everytime I go home!

For recreation, we have the small Junjung waterfall and the slightly bigger Bukit Hijau waterfall. Then, the white water rafting area at Sedim River which includes a tree top walk... Nearby, there are the St Anne's Sanctuary, Mengkuang Dam and the Hutan Lipur in Bkt Mertajam.

• Intro Updated Aug 12, 2007

• Apr 2, 2008 at 6:14 AM

hi are we missing something - staying at penang island as an alternative to kulim musaphir

b_c_k Used To Live Here!